Re: Monitoring tools (that will work...)

On Thu, 2003-12-25 at 09:23, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > 2. my disk temperature
>
> I'm using hddtemp (gkrellm-hddtemp specifically) for this.

Thanks all. I'm using the same. Running at 51C now for the hdd on the
iBook. I guess thats "normal"; after all, the ambient temperature is now
about 33C in Malaysia, and I'm not running with any cooling nearby.

> > 3. my fan speed (and if I can turn the fan off and on at will)
>
> Colin Leroy posted a patch for this (for an iBook G4, no idea if it's
> any use for other machines...) to linuxppc-dev recently.

Thanks. Time to look at the archives (and maybe get on another list!).
--
Colin Charles, byte@aeon.com.my
OpenOffice.org Unofficial FAQ: