Re: Would setting the CONFIG_RTC option break the powerpc kernel on your machine ?

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 10:06:20AM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 05:56:08PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 09:47:40AM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
> > > 4) Use CONFIG_GEN_RTC and be happy.  What _might_ be happening right now
> > > is that chrp_get_rtc_time is 'funky' and not quite right for anything
> > > other than an IBM OpenFirmeware'd CHRP box.  What I would suggest is
> > > looking at include/asm-generic/rtc.h in 2.6 and moving much of that code
> > > into 'chrp_get_rtc_time' and 'chrp_set_rtc_time'.
> >
> > Ok, thanks, i will look into it.
> >
> > But then, remember, this is for the debian powerpc kernel, and has to be
> > 2.4.x still for now.
>
> Yes.  The code in <asm-generic/rtc.h> is taken right from
> drivers/char/rtc.c.  It just didn't get sent to 2.4 for some reason.

Ok, found the code, altough drivers/char/rtc.c doesn't seem to have a
set_rtc_time function.

BTW, what exactly should i do in 'chrp_get_rtc_time' and
'chrp_set_rtc_time' ? Just replace the existing code, or make a new
function, and set it depending on machine type who needs it in
chrp_setup.c ? I already do that for the pegasos irq stuff. I just would
have to set ppc_md.set_rtc_time accordyingly.

This is still with the 2.4.x code base.

Friendly,

Sven Luther