Re: 12" PB less supported than 15", 17" ?

In message <[🔎] 1071126059.12501.282.camel@gaston>,
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 11:06, Orion Buckminster Montoya wrote:
[...]
>> If you want to run GNU/Linux right now, don't get the 12".  If anyone
>> wants to trade me a decent, recent iBook for my 12", I will seriously
>> consider it.
>
> Or an earlier model of titanium PowerBook. The earlier 1Ghz tipb was
> fully supported.

However, the Ti and the G3 iBooks have only 133 MHz memory.  It would
be great if the aluminum Powerbooks were supported; they are credible
desktop replacements.

> Regarding sleep support, there's always hope as far as ATI chips are
> concerned as ATI has always been helpful with that in the past, though
> it takes time. For nVidia chips, there is no hope.

Is this the only obstacle to sleep?  Is it possible to put the rest of
the machine to sleep while leaving the graphics chip active?

> However, I do plan at one point in the future to implement suspend-to
> disk for all PowerMacs, that would be a good fallback solution for
> machines that don't have sleep support.
>
> I don't know when I'll have this done though, I hope not too far away
> from now, maybe a couple of monthes.

Is sleep support for aluminum Powerbooks closer than that?
--
Shields.