Re: Install panther after debian, no problem ?

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 11:27:02PM -0300, mdwax wrote:
> Sorry for my english.
>
> Hi,
>
> I have PBG4-12 with macosX10.2.8 and debian SID. All it's OK.
>
> But i have the Panther's CD.
>
> I would like install panther. Is these problem for my debian or
> for boot my debian after install Panther ?

Hi,

it's a bit tricky but nevertheless doable; as a result of the panther
install you can only boot into MacOS X. To correct this boot from the
the debian install-cd, switch to the second console, mount your root
filesystem, mount proc on the your root filesystem, chroot into into
it and execute ybin (install yaboot beforehand).
You should understand the procedure without me giving you the exact
commands! If you don't chances are just too high I overlooked
something, or you need to apply a small variation which would
leave you with the undesirable situation of an unbootable debian.
Please don't be offended by this, but I don't want to give you
advice that might leave your debian unusable. That would be pretty
bad advice actually ;-)

Joe