Re: ibook display died!!

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 16:10, Nirmal Govind wrote:

Hi.. the display in my ibook (800 Mhz G3, Nov 2002) just died and I have no idea
what caused it.. I can hear it boot up properly but nothing shows up on the
screen... initially, the screen just froze while I was on linux and then I had
to remove the battery to get it to reboot but now I don't get any display when
it reboots.. anything I can reset (I reset the PRAM but that has no effect I
believe).. any suggestions would be most welcome..

Weird... it's possible that your video chip smoked... never had report
of that so far though. But well, those are fairly hot, so if the chip
has an even small defect, it can cause an early failure after a while.

Ben.

My iBook 2.3 is in repair now for the same problem, there seems to be some electrical interferance in the video adapter or something.