Re: gmt or localtime (was: Regarding GTKPBBUTTONSD and list participation)

On Thursday 04 Dec 2003 9:56 am, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> Since MacOS X is actually BSD UNIX I guess it handles the clock in GMT,
> unlike older versions of MacOS.

My system has been getting the incorrect time on bootup recently too, although
it has worked fine before.  HWClock is set to GMT (at least I think it is --
time is the same as actual UK time in december, so that's GMT, right?).

A few minutes after bootup, it will say something like 01:xx, so I guess the
clock is starting at midnight... battery problems on a 2001 ibook already?

If not, then I figure it's some issue with 2.6, but I'm not sure how to narrow
it down... would any of the timer-related modules on ppc affect this?  I'm
not exactly sure which timer features I need, so I think I installed them all
(rtc, enhanced rtc, etc).

--
Lee.