Re: trouble using IBM 1.4.1 jdk for ppc on Debian

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 09:51:36AM -0500, Kevin B. Hendricks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you search the archives here you will find a mail I sent to Ben and a few
> others a while back that describes an environment variable you can set to
> force the JIT to recognize your processor (lie to it and tell it is is a 604e
> system).

Ah, ok, anyway, i told it to disable the JIT, and it worked some.

> I have a dual G4 machine and it now works fine.
>
> I think (but I don't remember anymore) that you should try somehting like:
>
> export JITC_PROCESSOR_TYPE=6

Ok, i will try that, altough a G3 should be less similar to a 604e than
a G4, maybe.

> And that may help.
>
> Give it a try and let me know if it does.

Nope, setting JITC_PROCESSOR_TYPE to any value from 0 to 8 doesn't seem
to help. Setting JAVA_COMPILER=NONE worked, but there is not JIT then.

Friendly,

Sven Luther