From: Lars Noodén [mailto:lars.nooden@ub.uit.no]
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 1:50 PM
To: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
Subject: First time KDE on an iBook 2.3

I picked up one of the phased-out G3 iBooks and
installed woody successfully by using the
"Booting from the hard disk" method.  (The CD
wouldn't boot)  I've added all the text-based and
command line tools that I like and would now like
to try getting KDE running.

I've used tasksel to try to install  an "X window
system"  and I've tried apt-get to install KDE
and related packages (wiping the partition in
between).  Unfortunately I get this kind of error:

	[snip]

	Fatal server error:
	no screens found

	[snip]

	XIO:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server
":0.0"
	      after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

What am I missing?  Or what should I read to find out how to install KDE?
Theoretically, I should just type apt-get mozilla
and then let the dependencies work themselves out.

-Lars

[1] Bruce Perens & Sven Rudolph & Igor Grobman & James Treacy & Adam Di
Carlo
	Installing Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 For
PowerPC.  version 3.0.24, 18 December, 2002
	4.4 §,  5.4 §
		http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/powerpc/install