Re: iBook G4 800MHz configuration

On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 07:24, ioguix@free.fr wrote:

> OK, I installed your package (the dri-trunk-sid's packages), so I use XFree86
> 4.3.99.12 (ouaaa!).
> I loaded the module radeon compiled from the drm-module-source for my
> 2.6.0-test11 kernel.
> I edited my /etc/X11/XFree86Config-4 and add in section "Device": driver
> "radeon"...But startx still fail...(EE) No devices detected
>
> If I try with driver "ati", I have this message in the logs:
> (II) ATI: Primary Device is : PCI 00:10:0
> (WW) ATI: PCI/AGP Mach64 in slot 0:16:0 could not be detected!
> (EE) No devices detected
>
> So I think I need the dri-Mach64-sid packages, right? This is my problem?

No, this is just poor wording, it simply means 'No Mach64 detected'.

> PS: I tried with the ChipId tips, but I got a "dancing" X unusable...:D

What chip ID did you try? I'd try 0x4c66 (for a Mobility Radeon 9000).
Also make sure that radeonfb is running in console, and that you're
using Option "UseFBDev".

Software libre enthusiast    |   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer