Re: OF errors (Re: rivafb in 2.4 / 2.6 benh kernel.)

> > > Something missing in this benh'tree ?
> >
> > Looks like. I'll update my tree later today and check which of my patches
> > he did apply :-) The ivad code was for the eMac, not for the flat panel
> > models. Maybe he left that part out.

Confirmed. Just rsynced off source.mvista.com and none of my changes to
rivafb made it in. I'll resend the patch by separate mail. If the list
archive was up, I'd just point you there...

> Here's the log of rivafb with benh's 2.6.0-test10
> Nov 26 10:41:36 zenobi kernel: rivafb: nVidia device/chipset 10DE0172
> Nov 26 10:41:36 zenobi kernel: rivafb: could not retrieve EDID from OF
> Nov 26 10:41:36 zenobi kernel: rivafb: Detected CRTC controller 0 being used
> Nov 26 10:41:36 zenobi kernel: rivafb: PCI nVidia NV20 framebuffer ver 0.9.5b
> (n                                            VidiaGeForce4-M\230, 32MB @
> 0x98000000)
> The screen was absolutely black, even when kdm started. OF problem?

EDID parsing problem. My patch did add the 2.4 EDID search and parse code,
which should help you here.

> Could be that be in rapport with this ybin errors with 2.6.0-test ?

Not likely.

	Michael