Re: question about include/asm-ppc/uaccess.h on linux 2.6.0-test10

> just a quick question. Is it the right mailing list to ask something related to the kernel 2.6?

Not quite. linuxppc-dev would be more appropriate.

> I found a strange implementation of the #define __access_ok in the specified file.
> I cannot think it is a bug and I like to know where I can post issue like this.

If you don't think it's a bug, why bother?

> By the way, the problem is as follow
> The implementation of this define is
> #define __access_ok(addr,size)						    \
> 	((addr) <= current->thread.fs.seg				    \
> 	 && ((size) == 0 || (size) - 1 <= current->thread.fs.seg - (addr)))
>
> Il looks like it  checking if a given pointer is in the user address space (stack) but,
> as far as I know, on the ppc the stack is growing from the highest addresses to the
> lowest.

And that seems to be what (addr) <= current->thread.fs.seg is checking,
no? The access is OK if the address in question is below the top of the
user stack, if the stack grows downwards.

Assuming current->thread.fs.seg marks the user stack area, of course.

	Michael