Re: debianppc list and sven virus

On 26/11/2003 at 12:10, Clive Menzies wrote:

> On (26/11/03 13:39), Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

> > Nice, but this really ought to be implemented on the mailing list host, not by
> > each and every mailing list subscriber.

> Good idea.  A number of solutions were discussed on debian-user but
> I can't recall anyone suggesting this.  Perhaps a note to the list
> meister would be in order?

It does not make sense, because the worms do not come from the list
servers. The worm has it's own smtp engine and delivers the mail from
the victim's computer to your mx exchanger directly.

--
Kiko

Please do not reply to the sender address of this email; due to spam and
Windows (TM) worms, everything not comming from the list is "stored" in
/dev/null. Put menorqui in the user part to send me anything. _Although_, I
prefer replies sent to the list so that others can benefit from the discussion.
Thanks.