Re: pbuilder (amiga-fdisk), evolution (gal2) issues

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 11:37:14PM +0100, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> > Then I decided to built everything in a chroot to save some time (to get
> > a fixed gal2 and everything rebuilt against it is going to take some
> > time). So I installed pbuilder only to discover that it doesn't work out
> > of the box for unstable/powerpc because amiga-fdisk is required but
> > depends on a library that is not. see:
> >
> >    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=217848
> >
> > So is there a way to ask pbuilder to not install amiga-fdisk or another
> > way around?
>
> I have amiga-fdisk (along with many other packages) in the
> REMOVEPACKAGES line in /etc/pbuilder/pbuilderrc, not sure if that'll
> help for creating a chroot though, maybe you need to start with testing
> or even woody and then upgrade to sid.

I tried to create the chroot after adding amiga-fdisk after lilo and got
hit by the same problem. I will try to create a testing chroot and then
upgrade. Two questions:
. Is REMOVEPACKAGES a comma separated list "lilo,amiga-fdisk" ?
. If I successfully build gal2, how can I use the resulting debs in the
chroot?

Thanks,
Christophe

Ce que l'on conçoit bien s'énonce clairement,
Et les mots pour le dire arrivent aisément.
   Nicolas Boileau, L'Art poétique