Re: pbuilder (amiga-fdisk), evolution (gal2) issues

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 22:59, christophe barbe wrote:
> I was trying to figure out why the last uploaded evolution was not available
> for powerpc (in order to complete my g2.4 upgrade) and found that gal2
> was the culprit because it was built against a non-existing
> libgnomecanvas2. So I filed a bug against gal2:
>
>    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=218848
>
> If I missed something please explain it to me.

Looks right to me, thanks for reporting the bug.

> Then I decided to built everything in a chroot to save some time (to get
> a fixed gal2 and everything rebuilt against it is going to take some
> time). So I installed pbuilder only to discover that it doesn't work out
> of the box for unstable/powerpc because amiga-fdisk is required but
> depends on a library that is not. see:
>
>    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=217848
>
> So is there a way to ask pbuilder to not install amiga-fdisk or another
> way around?

I have amiga-fdisk (along with many other packages) in the
REMOVEPACKAGES line in /etc/pbuilder/pbuilderrc, not sure if that'll
help for creating a chroot though, maybe you need to start with testing
or even woody and then upgrade to sid.

Software libre enthusiast    |   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer