Re: radeon graphic speed regression 2.4 -> 2.6 test7 benh

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 23:39, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > It is not synthetic. It feels really sluggish in the shell compared to
> > 2.4... Also I have CONFIG_PREEMPT enabled and now I do wonder that I did
> > not yet see a random crash - hmmhhh well except for a try to get
> > cryptoloop working. That was reliably crashing.
> >
> > Should I go for the old radeon driver ?!
>
> No, same problem I'm sure. Just disable CONFIG_PREEMPT, and make sure
> you are using the kernel's AGP and DRI drivers (they do help for 2D on
> ATIs)

Keep in mind, that I am using a dualhead configuration so usually
dri/agp/drm is not used.
However I just tried a single head config and while it is crashing in
agp 4x mode it is working as fast as expected with drm/dri/agp 1x...
However this is of no use for me as I need both heads. But I don't see
why it became so much slower in 2.6.0-test ...

Soeren