Re: radeon graphic speed regression 2.4 -> 2.6 test7 benh

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 09:51, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 09:43, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> >
> > You may be encountering a different issue ... (2.6 is usually overall
> > faster than 2.4 here,

Same here. Soeren, have you verified the difference actually is related
to X, e.g. by redirecting the output to a file? Did you conduct both
tests as soon after bootup as possible to minimize the influence of
caching? ...

> > though I haven't timed gnome-terminal specifically)
>
> it is not gnome-terminal but multi-gnome-terminal which is more like
> xterm. So no antialiasing -> much faster.

I'm using non-AA fonts in gnome-terminal 2.4, thanks to fontconfig.

Software libre enthusiast    |   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer