Debian installation of new 15" alubook 1,25SD

Hi,

A least, I've receive my new powerbook, and of course, I want to install Debian GNU/Linux on it.

These steps are OK :

Formating and reinstalling Mac OS (30 Go HFS+ and 2Go HFS)
I've create a bootstrap partition (/dev/hdc9)
And four ext2/ext3 partitions :

/ ext2
/var ext3
/home ext3
/usr ext3

The only way I've found for booting was to copy 4 files on the / Mac OS partition :

root.bin
linux.bin (a 2.4.20ben5 with ata100 )
yaboot.conf
yaboot (1.3.10 binary)

And boot into OF, with boot hd:10,yaboot.

Boot is OK(install-safe, with video=ofonly), but after this, no way to install correcly the base system...

- network install : new-powermac/images-2.88/rescue.bin and new-powermac/drivers.tgz are correctly downloaded, but

- cdrom install : can't find the good files...

The error is : "Filed getting release file \
		file:/instmnt/dist/woody/Release"

		 <continue>

Some stranges things are that cdrom is /dev/hda and hard disk /dev/hdc

If I could'nt find help, I'll try to compile a kernel with modules (and without cpufreq) , burn a cdrom with all the modules and yaboot correctly configured...

But isn't there a clean solution ? or can someone give me a link with Debian cdrom iso (booting ;-) ) for last powerbook generation ?

Thanks you very much for your help.

BTW : I've both the ibook and the powerbook (not for a long time, but enough to have a correct configuration). Perhaps is the ibook usable ?

--
NON AUX BREVETS SUR LES LOGICIELS. Voir http://swpat.ffii.org/

eric bachard