Re: Debian installation of new 15" alubook 1,25SD

On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 10:06:46PM +0100, eric.bachard@b.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A least, I've receive my new powerbook, and of course, I want to install
> Debian GNU/Linux on it.
>
> These steps are OK :
>
> Formating and reinstalling Mac OS (30 Go HFS+ and 2Go HFS)
> I've create a bootstrap partition (/dev/hdc9)
> And four ext2/ext3 partitions :
>
> / ext2
> /var ext3
> /home ext3
> /usr ext3
>
> The only way I've found for booting was to copy 4 files on the / Mac OS
> partition :
>
> root.bin
> linux.bin (a 2.4.20ben5 with ata100 )
> yaboot.conf
> yaboot (1.3.10 binary)
>
> And boot into OF, with boot hd:10,yaboot.
>
> Boot is OK(install-safe, with video=ofonly), but after this, no way to
> install correcly the base system...
>
> - network install : new-powermac/images-2.88/rescue.bin and
> new-powermac/drivers.tgz are correctly downloaded, but
>
> - cdrom install : can't find the good files...
>
> The error is : "Filed getting release file \
> 		file:/instmnt/dist/woody/Release"
>
> 		 <continue>
>
> Some stranges things are that cdrom is /dev/hda and hard disk /dev/hdc

Does the cdrom seem to mount correctly? Try mounting it ahead of time
using the 'Mount an already initialized partition' item, or check in
console 2 during the install attempt to see if _you_ can see files
under /instmnt .

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
  By the People, For the People