Wireless connection died after Airport Basestation upgrade

I've been following the thread on this list earlier this yeah called 'airport
wireless problems' where Jamie Wilkinson recieved a lot of these messages:

eth1: Unknown information frame received (type f202).

which resulted in no wireless connection.

I'm having the same problem. After the latest OSX upgrade, which also provided
a firmware upgrade, my Linux wouldn't boot. I fixed that by upgrading to
kernel 2.4.23-pre7-ben0. With my Powerbook now booting again, I didn't get a
wireless connection, but alot of the above messages. Jamie solved his problem
by changing som 'open network' options on his base station, however no
similar options are available on my Airport Extreme Basestation..

I've ensured that the essid and the key is correct, tried with both a 40bit
key and 128bit. On bootup the kernel reports:

eth1: Station identity 001f:0001:0008:0046
eth1: Looks like a Lucent/Agere firmware version 8.70
eth1: Ad-hoc demo mode supported
eth1: IEEE standard IBSS ad-hoc mode supported
eth1: WEP supported, 104-bit key
eth1: MAC address 00:30:65:25:B6:CE
eth1: Station name "HERMES I"
eth1: ready

Can anyone give me a hand, you get used to wireless so quickly ;)

Regards..
--
Jesper L. Nielsen
http://phunkbros.dk