Can no longer boot into Mac OS

I have had some experience with Yellow Dog Linux but wanted to try Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 on my old Powermac 9500. Tried using BootX and the same partitioning scheme that I use with Yellow Dog. In the installation process, however, I managed to set things up so that the machine will only will boot from the root partition. Tried disabling the system by deleting /boot/vmlinux so that I could boot from an installation floppy or cd and now the machine won't boot at all. What do I do to get back to square one so I can boot into Mac OS again?

Tom