Re: Upgrade Mac OS X 10.2.8 stops 2.4.21-ben2

> Now I have installed the '1.2.8old -> 1.2.8new' update from apple.com,
> however still no change.  Not a single of my old 2.6 images (that have
> been running for a month or so) would boot anymore.
>
> I suspect that apple somehow did a hidden openfirmare upgrade in that
> MacOS upgrade.

My current 2.6 should work too, the problem is with cpufreq. They
seem to have updated the PMU firmware indeed and it no longer accept
a protocol violation that was triggered by the cpufreq code (and the
sleep code occasionally as well). Actually, I didn't know it was a
protocol violation until it started crashing as I don't have protocol
specs :)

Ben.