Re: Proposed build system: PREP

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 06:17:08PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 06:02:32PM +0200, Gabriel Paubert wrote:
> > >
> > > Is this the one called GT-64130 or GT-64131 ?
> >
> > Nope, GT64260 (A or B depending on where you look) from
> > Motorola's website.
> >
> > Does anybody have the relevant datasheet?
> >
> > Oh, I see my mistake, I had fuzzy memories of it and mixed up
> > Galileo and Discovery.
>
> Ok, so this is the Discovery 1. Are they already chrp based ?

Well, the mapping of PCI space looks more or less CHRP. But they
don't have OF, only a very simple firmware. And I don't know
if they provide PerP like residual data either (MVME2xxx and 5100
do, it's a bit bogus but not as much as many people would like you to
believe, some parts of PreP residual data parsing never worked because
people who wrote it obviously never understood the spec).

> > > BTW, the next generation of Pegasos boards will use the Marvell
> > > Discovery II northbridge.
> >
> > In this case, it might be the same bridge. Great...
>
> Not exactly, but almost, since the discovery II is the next generation
> of it. BTW, what ethernet driver does the discovery I use, and is it
> supported under linux ? I guess that the discovery II uses the
> Marvell Yukon/SysKonnect SK-98xx driver, altough i don't know that it is
> present in 2.4.x as well as in 2.6.x.

Hmm, the 5500 has two Ethernet interfaces at least: the one inside
the Discovery and a gigabit Ethernet (Intel 82554). As long as one
works... But so far nobody has expressed interest, and for my part
I've trying to get offers for these boards from the distributor
in Spain since early July. Nothing yet...

	Regards,
	Gabriel