Re: Proposed build system: PREP

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 06:02:32PM +0200, Gabriel Paubert wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 01:29:08PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 01:16:23PM +0200, Gabriel Paubert wrote:
> > > The MVME5500 is a completely different beast (it should be
> > > available now or soon), with a Marvell Galileo host bridge.
> >
> > Is this the one called GT-64130 or GT-64131 ?
>
> Nope, GT64260 (A or B depending on where you look) from
> Motorola's website.
>
> Does anybody have the relevant datasheet?
>
> Oh, I see my mistake, I had fuzzy memories of it and mixed up
> Galileo and Discovery.

Ok, so this is the Discovery 1. Are they already chrp based ?

> > BTW, the next generation of Pegasos boards will use the Marvell
> > Discovery II northbridge.
>
> In this case, it might be the same bridge. Great...

Not exactly, but almost, since the discovery II is the next generation
of it. BTW, what ethernet driver does the discovery I use, and is it
supported under linux ? I guess that the discovery II uses the
Marvell Yukon/SysKonnect SK-98xx driver, altough i don't know that it is
present in 2.4.x as well as in 2.6.x.

> BTW: there were SMP PreP boards, at least once upon a time Motorola
> sold (or at least offered) SMP MTX boards and MVME4600 (2x604e).

Mmm,

Friendly,

Sven Luther