Re: Installation of debian on G5 pmac?

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 09:14:40AM +0200, Yves Combe wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would know if there is a solution to install a debian system on G5 pmac.
> Woody iso seems not to be bootable on it... and i guess the woody's kernel is
> not g5 compatible?
>
> Is there a yaboot and a kernel g5 compatible?

Woody's yaboot is not new enough to work on G4s and G5s.  You need the
newest yaboot from penguinppc.org. In fact, I'm not sure it's been
tested with G5s yet.

According to Nick Lopez in a post on this list less than a week ago
(didn't you already search the archives?), the kernel "hasn't survived
contact witha G5 yet". Also, the powerpc kernel developer BenH hasn't
gotten access to a G5 yet, so it's unlikely to work until he does.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
  By the People, For the People