Re: Upgrading the iBook's HD

Hi,

Rogério Brito a écrit:
On Sep 29 2003, eric@b.org wrote:

Changed myself the hard disk for a 5400tr/min/40Go in september.

Was it hard? Did you have any problems? Are you experiencing lower

Well, it's not a newbie opration. But if you're cool with the hardware, no problem, you'll do it. The most important is to have enough place for all the pieces.

About time : you need nearly 1h30 to 2h of work. You'll see a lot of pieces...Be carefull with the keyboard.

They're a lot of web pages about ibook hard disk removing. Soory, I have no link. But it will be easy for you to find one with google.

battery lifetimes due to the 5400rpm drive?

No, no problem with battery lifetime. between 3 an 4 hours.

Which model did you install?

IBM Model : IC25N040ATCS05-0 40.00GB # the original was a 30 GB
S/N : F4G2BS9A

I must say I didn't put it inside again (after the motherboard exchange). I now am using it with the ieee1394 port. (in a silverfly box). But if I found a not expensive 7200 tr/min, I'll probably do it again ;-)

I'm curious about any hints others may have regarding the drive upgrade
of the iBook...

I'm curious with any hint above hardware upgrade  ;-)

[]s, Roger...

Best regards

--
NON AUX BREVETS SUR LES LOGICIELS. Voir http://swpat.ffii.org/