Re: geforce 2mx + cinema display 20" problems

You can try XFree CVS, it has a significantly updated GeForce
driver. If the problem persist, maybe you can contact the
driver's author (Mark Vojkovich), he may have a clue. I suspect
part of the problem may be the EDID DDC block returned by the monitor
beeing slightly wrong and OS X containing a fixed "override" version

I tried XFree CVS, it didn't work either.

But now I fixed it by flashing the nvidia firmware. As I suspected it was a firmware bug.
Everything works now.

Strange that this problem is undocumented and unknown.

Andi