ibook problems

Hi All,

Although I am still trying various things I am having problems with my
ibook crashing when I close the lid. The power saving seems to be
working ok ie the screen goes darker after a few minutes, followed by
the screen going blank, and then the hard drives sleep...but if I close
the lid and open it immediately X goes all wierd with multiple instances
of everything spralled across the screen...although the mouse still
works.

Secondly I think I am also having a heating problem. I have been doing a
lot of kernel recompiles and after a while I hear the fan spin up and I
can smell a burning smell coming from the back of the laptop. There
isn't any smoke or any other signs of damage, however I am a tad
concerned about it.

I am also having some problems getting X acceleration working. I have
compiled the drm modules from Daenzer and they compiled and installed
ok, however once I do that I reboot and lose X. X seems to start but all
I get is a black screen.

Well I think that is all of my problems at the moment. I am going to
write another HOWTO on my experiences as I had quite a few problems with
the existing HOWTO's.

Cheers,

Adam.