Re: ibook problems

Adam Hewitt <ahewitt@globaldial.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> Although I am still trying various things I am having problems with my
> ibook crashing when I close the lid. The power saving seems to be
> working ok ie the screen goes darker after a few minutes, followed by
> the screen going blank, and then the hard drives sleep...but if I close
> the lid and open it immediately X goes all wierd with multiple instances
> of everything spralled across the screen...although the mouse still
> works.

My ibook2 does exactly the same but it comes to normal life after a
few seconds...

> I am also having some problems getting X acceleration working. I have
> compiled the drm modules from Daenzer and they compiled and installed
> ok, however once I do that I reboot and lose X. X seems to start but all
> I get is a black screen.

I think you should load agpgart module at boot time by editing
/etc/modules; I had the same problem until I load agpgart at boot.
If you compiled a 2.6.0-testX kernel, agp for uninorth chips is not in
agpgart module but in uninorth_agp module (like with 2.4 benh kernels
you should load it before radeon module to be claimed by X)
Personnally, I load agpgart (or uninorth_agp) and radeon at boot time.

> Well I think that is all of my problems at the moment. I am going to
> write another HOWTO on my experiences as I had quite a few problems with
> the existing HOWTO's.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Adam.

Can you please send your .config and give your kernel version ? :)

Mathieu Segaud