Re: dmasound hangs when changing cpu speed

This one time, at band camp, Michael Flaig wrote:
>If I change the cpu frequency often while playing music, the dmasound
>hangs until I reboot. Killing all processes that use /dev/dsp doesn´t
>help. I cannot unload the dmasound modules, because the kernel says
>they´re still in use ...

Ah, I was wondering what was causing that.

My tibook's /etc/power/power-local (or whatever its called) is set to switch
the cpu speed on inserting and removal of the AC power.  After a few days I
notice that I can't play music anymore, and that the programs report that
the dsp is in use, whilst there are no actual programs using it, and yes you
can't remove the modules.

So, you are not alone :-)

--
jaq@debian.org                               http://people.debian.org/~jaq