Re: About yabootconfig

Hi Nick,

i guess kernel crashes is part of the game, isn't it? :)
I have actually solved this problem by downloading a kernel-image (2.4.22-ben2) ready to use for my iMac DV+

Problem is that I am still working on missing modem/ethernet connection as well as sound capabilities. BTW some time ago I had been using YDL 2.0 and if I recall correctly, that also had problems with sound I believe to remember this problem was inherent to the mac.
Are you using the sound server no problem?
Concerning the modem connection (I have dial-up) also kppp was missing but I managed to recover this package from my YDL disk just with some fiddling around with the RPM set-up I wonder why all this features are missing from the woody/powerpc 3r0 disk but maybethat was my bad.... Finally, I have followed your advice regarding a dual boot set-up with yaboot: That was very good and works well no matter how bad my new kernel crashes...:)

Thanks a lot for that one and as usual,

Happy computing!

Pieterjan