Re: Xfree86 help on PowerBook 17

you may want to look into the config file of your current kernel, and
take a look at the framebuffer section. i've managed to disable X a
couple of times by forgetting to check the appropriate framebuffer
device. i believe they have something in the kernel for various
experimental nvidia drivers -- maybe worth taking a look at?

p.s. i think some powerpc machines have some kind of linux curse... my
install on a lombard took 30 minutes and everything worked perfectly..
my pismo, on the other hand, was kernel panics galore and took weeks of
recompiling before it worked ok. anyhow, good luck with the 17"!