Re: dma_sound problems on 12" pbook

On Aug Sat 23 2003 23:34, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> OoO Lors de la soirée naissante du samedi 23 août 2003, vers 18:55,
> "J. Javier Maestro" <jjmaestro@computer.org> disait:
>
> > BTW, speaking of ALSA... google just told me that the crashes I was
> > having when putting the laptop to sleep are because I am running ALSA!
> > :-(  Any fixes? Any cool scripts to put ALSA down and then up? :-) I
> > might try this last one, but hey... it is a real bother, coz sometimes,
> > I might try toput the laptop to sleep when something is accessing the
> > soundcard, and then, alsa wont dit "nicely" unless I kill it, etc...
>
> Search the archives, I have posted about this less than one month ago.

:-) Yepp, found it!

What I did is, since I am using esd, I added in the /etc/init.d/alsa
start and stop sections, the corresponding /etc/init.d/esd that I wrote
to control the esd daemon. Since I have a kill -9 for the esd process,
no matter who is playing, it always dies nicely and ALSA dies too before
sleep. Now everything works! :-)

I am into Firewire now, for my iPod... and I also want to run the modem,
perhaps to send faxes and stuff. Or as a telephone... I have been
searching around for linux programs to do that... any idea? :-)

Thanks a lot!

--
J. Javier Maestro
<jjmaestro@computer.org>