Re: tibook+vga

On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 13:55, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 07:54, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 21:35, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > > On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 19:41, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Well, this basically tells the driver to treat the internal panel like
> > > the external DFP. :) Does
> > >
> > > 	Option	"MonitorLayout" "LVDS,TMDS"
> > >
> > > work better? Your description sounds like the driver autodetected this
> > > though.
> >
> > No, I already tried this. It gives no output on the external DFP. Infact
> > I tried "TMDS,LVDS" "LVDS,TMDS" and "TMDS" while only the last gave some
> > output.
>
> Hmm. Hui Yu might be interested in this as well.

Please forward that description to him. ( I don't know him at all )

[X dualheaded but not in xinerama mode]

> > > You couldn't move it back? Weird.
> >
> > Yes unfortunately not :/
>
> FWIW, with
>
>         Screen          "LCD"
>         Screen          "CRT" RightOf "LCD"
>
> in the layout section, I can move the cursor to the CRT on the right
> border of the LCD and to the LCD on the left border of the CRT.

Wow, that works! So somehow the default is to go out and never come
back. But when one explicitely states the relation it works. hmmhh
interesting observation.

Thanks,
Soeren (who is now has >1 head ;)