Re: tibook+vga

Michel Dänzer wrote:

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 12:17, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 02:32, Michel Dänzer wrote:
On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 18:42, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 14:30, Michel Dänzer wrote:
On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 14:02, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
[...]
No no, not the alternating black/white pixels, but a 99.99% white screen
with some black dots.
ahh sorry, external display... internal is fine.
I suspect this is a bug triggered by the explicit Modes "1280x854". If
it works without, I have an idea how to fix it for the next version.
You were right it works without... I am looking forward for your next
(fixed) version :-)
What do you need the Modes "1280x854" for though?
Hmmhhh... I really intensively tested now all the possible
configurations (single/dualhead with and without xinerama) and must say
wow! it is working very stably... I saw one problem once though, that
when I switch from X to console and used less to view some log file and
scrolled backwards, there was a stripe reproducing itself...
Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this... and I was unable to trigger it
again...

The radeonfb console acceleration can get confused when running X
without Option "UseFBDev". I use

for i in off on; do fbset -accel $i; done

as a workaround. But maybe it even works with "UseFBDev"? The behaviour
is undefined, but that doesn't mean we can't be lucky. :)

Hmm, we had some problems with this on the AmigaOne as well. If running X directly, not through framebuffer, I had to resize the consoles (or otherwise reinitialize something, don't remember how much except resizing worked) with fbset or they would be completely garbled. This was kernel 2.4.19 with XFree86 4.3.0. When we upgraded to the 2.4.21-rc1-benh0 based kernel MAI had been working on, this went away completely.

X sure can be tricky some days :-)

--
AmigaOne dev list FAQ (when I say F, I mean F):
http://www.samfundet.no/~olegil/amiga/