Re: [linux-audio-dev] Poll: Distro for audio and MIDI development

Le jeudi, 24 juil 2003, à 09:49 Europe/Paris, Ole-Egil Hvitmyren a écrit :

Anyway, choosing Debian was ok for a lot of people, but there's always someone who just CAN'T keep from buying newer and bigger and better, so suddenly we had a gazillion users with Radeon 8x00 and 9x00 cards out there.

We could rant for hours about the brainwashing of PC users to always buy bigger and "better", which unfortunately also works on many AmigaOne users because the mobo uses ordinary PC add-ons. However, as a retailer there's another explanation - low end Radeon cards are getting harder to find: as an example, my wholesaler has apparently dropped Sapphire Radeons with names including numbers under 8500, and I'll be blowed if I sell the cheap'n'nasty no-name Radeon 7000s that are all they have left.

I listen to Ole-Egil, I run testing :)

Rose Humphrey
Amont Informatique  http://www.amont-info.com
Distributeur AmigaOne pour la France