Re: xfree86 on Umax Pulsar (S900)

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 08:06:18PM +0200, Falko wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just installed debian on my Umax S900.
> Is there an FAQ or something similar on how to

Not for these particular machines, AFAIK. You might search
the list archives for 'Umax' to see what you come up with.

> get xfree86 to work on it?
> What mousedriver do I have to set?

Always use /dev/input/mice for powerpc

> What is the standard video card?

Proably only fbdev will work, you might look at the output of

lspci

to see if there is a video card listed there.

> I am always getting a "no screens found" error.

You will also need to set the Bus ID. The friendliest way
to change the settings for drivers, mice, and BusID is

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
  By the People, For the People