Re: problems installing Debian on my PowerBook G4 12".

At 07:31 28/07/2003 -0700, you wrote:
Did you replace yaboot with a newer version (>1.36, IIRC)? G4's
need the newer version. There is a link to the latest version
in the install manual.

De version of yaboot in my OS X partition is 1.3.10.
But, the version of yaboot that is automatically downloaded at the installation of Woody is only 1.3.6. But, to my knowledge, I can only replace it after booting my installation (which results in the error). For that reason, I have also tried to boot yaboot from the OS X partition with a yaboot.conf as automatically build by yabootconfig and ...it fails

I also added macosx=/dev/hda5 to /target/etc/yaboot.conf (and 'ybinned' it), but that fails with "Please wait. loading kernel... hd:5,macosx: Unknown or corrupt filesystem"

Wout