Re: Keyboard on X with missing keys

On Sun, 2003-07-27 at 05:06, Thomas Otto wrote:
> > I'm missing the bar sign, the @ sign (I had to paste this one from the address
> > in the header), bracketleft, bracketright, EuroSign and I don't know what
> > else on the keyboard on X.
>
> Same here, on an iBook2 700Mhz. I ended up writing my own ~/.Xmodmap
> which i load when I login.

It seems everybody does that, instead of fixing the X keymaps... I'm no
better myself. :)

> > But I'm careful with this as I did not find a way to check a newly installed
> > boottime.gz on the *running* system, i.e. before rebooting. After all with the
> > wrong keymap I won't be able to even log in, if my guess is right.
>
> Indeed, and unlike a broken kernelmodule booting another kernel doesn't
> help it.

You can always boot with something like init=/bin/sh and work with the
default kernel keymap though.

> > [ ADB or not ADB - that is the question... ]

An easy one though. :) ADB keycodes are deprecated, AFAIK they'll go
away in the 2.6 kernel if they haven't already.