Re: X Won't Log In

I found this description on
http://www.imaclinux.net/php/plain_page.php3?caller=imaclinux_g_h.php3+record=5

Apple Valkyrie Video (valkyriefb)

The video chip in the Performa 6400 and the PowerMacintosh 6400/6500 is
codename Valkyrie. It is an internal Apple chip, the only acceleration
possible for it is from the valkyrie frame buffer driver. Linux should
automatically detect it, if not put
append="video=controlfb:vmode:17:cmode:16" in quik.conf or BootX's more
kernel arguments (without the quotes or the append=).

Seems to be contradictory, but it's something else to try to get XFree86
running.

Frank