Re: apt-get update

On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 05:18:05PM +0200, Gerald Frick wrote:
> I hate to display my ignorance but I am stumped by a very simple thing.
> I have woody installed on a new world imac.  I want to upgrade to
> testing or unstable but I cannot find where to
> indicate the release.  I have a 686 machine  that I upgraded to unstable
> and in that version the target release is entered as the default in
> /etc/apt/apt.conf.  There is no such file in this distribution and I
> cant find a substitute or get any help from various manuals and HOWTO's.
> Thanks gfrick

The use of apt.conf is covered in 'man apt.conf'. You are probably
talking about the line

APT::Default-Release "testing";

An apt.conf is not created by default; if you want to use it you just
create it in /etc/apt. You may also want this line, it was needed as
a bug workaround a few months ago:

APT::Cache-Limit 10000000;

The information someone else posted about sources.list still
applies, of course.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
  By the People, For the People