Re: Apple vs IBM

Em Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:33:33 +0200, Jeroen Roovers escreveu:

> I think you hit the nail on the head here, Leandro.

	Thanks, I don't hear that often... ;-)

> I just feel I need to add that my earlier comments about mainframes
> may have only confused the matter more, because IBM itself seems to
> have mixed up many previously unambiguous naming conventions in

	Yes, but not only IBM, there is a Marketspeak disease ramping up
thouroughout the world.

	That on top of previously misused terms.  I have a client evaluating a
proposition for a X host farm-and-terminals solution, and it has taken me
several meetings and conversations speaking of a host to make him take the
clue and stop calling it mainframe -- even if the proposed host is a
simple x86 or PowerPC G4 IDE RAID server.

/ \  Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra     +41 (21) 648 11 34
\ /  http://br.geocities.com./lgcdutra/         +41 (78) 778 11 34
/ \  Responda à lista, não a mim diretamente!   +55 (11) 5686 2219
Dê-me nota se te ajudei:   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=leandro