Re: bluetooth, gprs

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 11:09, Jean-Christophe Michel wrote:
> Le mar 15/07/2003 à 10:32, Soeren Sonnenburg a écrit :
> > On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 10:21, Jean-Christophe Michel wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'm considering the purchase of a gprs/bluetooth phone and wonder if
> > > some of you succeeded in getting such thing work (it works under OSX :)
> > >
> > > What are the traps to avoid ?
> >
> > err traps ? the t68i worked nicely with gammu/multisync here ... maybe
> > you decide which phone you would like to be the owner of and then look
> > whether the apps you would want to use cooperate nicely.

[I am cc'ing it to the ppc list]

> Precisely i'll buy this t68i.
> I'd like to use it as modem on travel,
> and if possible synchronize my phone lists with Evolution.

that should both work pretty well. there are a number of pages
describing how to set it up... just google for bluez or linux t68i.

> Do i have to rebuild the kernel ?

yes with the bluez stuff included.

> What are the packages i should look ?

I use multisync to sync with evolution (isn't that cool to have the
phone in range and getting it automagically syncronized :)

gammu might also be nice (for transfering files/backing up the phone
sending sms etc)

the phone will act like a standard modem... it has certain at commands
documented somewhere (google helps)..

Soeren.