Re: Another quik/beige G3 boot attempt

 > Whenever you get CLAIM FAILED, before re-trying, use reset-all.
> The memory map is hosed after CLAIM FAILED.

i did

> > This topic has already been discussed on this list, but the solutions didn't work for me: here is what I did :
> > - downloaded System Disk 2.3.1 and applied the OF patch
> > - downloaded the modified first.b : quik-first.b-g3, copied it under /target/boot/first.b
>
> Did you actually run quik after this step? Running quik places the
> first.b code in the boot block. If you are in the installer, you
> will need to use quik -r /target to do this.

I did, but with as follows : quik -v (in a /target chroot'ed shell)
I'm going to try this

> I don't really believe changing load-base makes a difference ...

the NetBSD people say that this may help :
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html#ofw-claim-failed

don't know if it is the same under Linux, though

> > Did _someone_ succeed to boot a beige G3 using quik ?
>
> It's been done, rarely. I think Michel Lanners is an example in
> the archives.

Let's hope that he'll not be the only one :-)

In case I don't succed, is BootX working reliably on G3's ?

3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34?/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34?/mn)