Re: How do I move a disk from one 7xxx to another and related matters?

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 12:08:17PM +0800, debian@computerdatasafe.com.au wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Chris Tillman wrote:

> > > NetBSD is supposed to boot, but I have the CD and can't boot it. Neither
> > > does it appear to try to boot off the LAN when I hold done "n" as
> > > described at
> > > http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/intro.macppc.html
> >
> > That is only for NewWorlds AFAIK.
> It talks about  Open Firmware 1.0.5, and that's what I have:
> The syntax used for netbooting varies depending on Open Firmware
> version. In Open Firmware 1.0.5, 1.1.22, 2.0.x, and 2.4 you will need to
> type one of:
> 0 > boot enet:,ofwboot.xcf
> 0 > boot enet:,ofwboot.xcf netbsd.ram.gz   #to specify a kernel other than "netbsd"
> 0 > boot enet:,ofwboot.xcf netbsd  #if having trouble getting all info from bootpd

Right, OK. But not holding 'n'; that's NewWorld stuff. Also, what's
being loaded here are xcoff images (which are not much used in Debian).
However if you had one of them critters, it would probably work.

Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
  By the People, For the People
Chris Tillman (a people instance)
   toff one at cox dot net