Re: How do I move a disk from one 7xxx to another and related matters?

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 12:08:17PM +0800, debian@computerdatasafe.com.au wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Chris Tillman wrote:

> > > NetBSD is supposed to boot, but I have the CD and can't boot it. Neither
> > > does it appear to try to boot off the LAN when I hold done "n" as
> > > described at
> > > http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/intro.macppc.html
> >
> > That is only for NewWorlds AFAIK.
>
> It talks about  Open Firmware 1.0.5, and that's what I have:
> The syntax used for netbooting varies depending on Open Firmware
> version. In Open Firmware 1.0.5, 1.1.22, 2.0.x, and 2.4 you will need to
> type one of:
>
> 0 > boot enet:,ofwboot.xcf
> 0 > boot enet:,ofwboot.xcf netbsd.ram.gz   #to specify a kernel other than "netbsd"
> 0 > boot enet:192.168.1.5,ofwboot.xcf netbsd  #if having trouble getting all info from bootpd

Right, OK. But not holding 'n'; that's NewWorld stuff. Also, what's
being loaded here are xcoff images (which are not much used in Debian).
However if you had one of them critters, it would probably work.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
  By the People, For the People