Re: Need recommendation for SCSI card

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Brendan J Simon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone recommend a good solid SCSI card that works with Linux and
> tape backaups.

I think there is basically only a few to choose from.
Adaptec, ATTO, and SIIG.
I have a ATTO card. It works great and is LSI based.
The Linux drivers work just fine, Thank you.
I suppose the Adaptec would work just as well.
I forget which chip the SIIG card has and it is
less expensive than the ATTO.

> Is there any advantage to going to an external drive (besides
> portability of the device).

Hmmm.  Not sure it would fit in my G4 Mac.  Maybe in the
zip drive slot or take out the CDRW drive and put it there.

Fred

Error Loading Explorer.exe
You must reinstall Windows.