Re: Kernel warning messages when insmodding unix.o

Sorry to reply to myself here, but it seem that the unix domain sockets are
loaded twice. Much earlier in the log, I see this:

PCI: Probing PCI hardware
Linux NET4.0 for Linux 2.4
Based upon Swansea University Computer Society NET3.039

...and later this:

INIT: version 2.85 booting
NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0
insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.20-powerpc/kernel/net/unix/unix.o Cannot open
/proc/ksyms No such file or directory
insmod: insmod: a module named unix already exists
insmod: insmod: Cannot open /proc/ksyms No such file or directory
insmod: insmod: insmod net-pf-1 failed

It seems that the unix sockets are loaded before init starts. But if that's
true, the /proc/ksyms warning is confusing. Or are there multiple things
going wrong here? It's also strange that the 'insmod:' gets repeated.

Frank