Re: Apple PowerMac G5

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, [iso-8859-1] Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 08:43:36 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
>

> 	I mean, it would be much harder to Jobs argue the failure of
> the Mac clone if IBM was there... but why IBM would succeed with the
> Mac clone where it failed with its own PowerPC OS/2.

Supposedly OS/2 for PowerPC was so slow and buggy, IBM did
not want to release it.  (I think I read that somewhere.)

> > There were plans for macos
> > IBM boxes back then, alongside OS/2, WinNT and others, but this never
> > happened. The situation has changed today though.

I think IBM and Apple were working on a next generation OS.
Wasn't it called Pink or something.

I'm seriously considering getting a G5 when they're
widely available and the bugs seem to be worked out.

Fred

Error Loading Explorer.exe
You must reinstall Windows.