Re: Printer Configuration

José Leônidas Bier Brasileiro wrote:

Hello there!
I installed the CUPS package and tried to configure the printer through Control Center > Printing Manager > Add Printer Wizard.
Is this a KDE tool? You can access cpus's own web-configuration front-end on http://localhost:631/

All my efforts resulted in no printing. I investigated further and discovered a very disturbing message at boot, concerning the printer: At certain point at the boot screen, it shows:
any error messages?
" lp: driver loaded but no devices found "
to what port is your printer connected, usb?
For USB you need the kernel module printer.o. Load it with
"modprobe printer" as root.

gaudenz