Re: Printer Configuration

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:40:41 -0300, José Leônidas Bier Brasileiro wrote:

> I'm struggling to configure my Epson Stylus Color 670 printer to my 233 iMac
> with Woody installed, but I'm ot having much success...
>
> I installed the CUPS package and tried to configure the printer through
> Control Center > Printing Manager > Add Printer Wizard.
>
> All my efforts resulted in no printing.

	No error messages?

> I investigated further and
> discovered a very disturbing message at boot, concerning the printer: At
> certain point at the boot screen, it shows:
>
> " lp: driver loaded but no devices found "

	Looks like your PC doesn't have a parallel port... oh, it's an iMac,
so that's understandable.  Try removing the parallel port driver.

> I attached the dmesg file of the boot, in case someone cares to take a look
> and give me some advice...

	Wrong, please just paste the dmesg text instead of attaching...
attachments do get filtered sometimes.

--
 _
/ \  Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra     +41 (21) 648 11 34