Re: kernel compiling problems on iMac CRT

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Mich Lanners wrote:

> On  25 Jun, this message from Martin-Éric Racine echoed through
> cyberspace:

> char 10 134 is /dev/apm_bios. Did you start X just before? Then you are
> lacking kernel apm emulation. Anyway, unrelated to sound.

Correct.  I do not find any menu option for this, on this architecture, though.

> This is the second sound card,

Correct.

> and this the corresponding mixer device /dev/mixer1.

Correct.

> Try 'modprobe dmasound_pmac' by hand and report the results.

Syslog shows the exact same credits and defaults as when loaded from the stock
kernel-image-2.4.20-powerpc, except there is no 'pop' sounds when the module is
loaded and sound output is dead, on my self-compiled kernel-image:

PowerMac Burgundy  DMA sound driver rev 016 installed
Core driver edition 01.06 : PowerMac Built-in Sound driver edition 00.07
Write will use    4 fragments of   32768 bytes as default
Read  will use    4 fragments of   32768 bytes as default

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/